Why start a membership site?
No matter what type of business you have, you have a message to share. It could be something specific to the industry you are in, or it could be sharing a process you have perfected in your business.
While membership sites are not necessarily for everyone, just about everyone could create one if they wanted to.
We’ve talked about them before
In Episode 29 last year, we talked about things you should consider before launching a membership site. From determining your purpose to all the pre-launch work you need to do.
At the time of that episode, I had not launched The Chill Business Society yet. Now that it HAS launched, I have a few more nuggets to share with you.
Expect growth with each launch (in how you launch)
When I launched in October 2019, I was in a rush to get something going so I didn’t procrastinate trying to get it perfect. That is one of the most sage pieces of advise I have been given for my business. You can perfect things as you go, the key is just get going.
With our next launch, we have built upon what we did with our Founders Launch. And we know we will build on this launch with future launches.
It’s all about Batching
One thing all the big players do is batching. I still need to grow this muscle for myself. If you can set up a schedule that you work on your membership program using a batching method, then you will be leagues ahead of most people.
Some tips for your membership
- Take the time to map out what you will be doing for your launch promotions. The more planning you can do at this phase, the more successful you will be.
- If you are providing education (and not a physical product), take the time to plan batching sessions.
- Consider certain open times for your membership. Look at your calendar for the full year to see good times for launches. Don’t have it open all the time. This will create a sense of urgency.
- Determine what platform/tool you will be using to host your membership program.
The hosting tools I mentioned
Here are the sites that I talked about where you can host your membership program:
* This is an affiliate link.
Did you know?
The doors will be opening on Friday (1/24/20) for The Chill Business Society. If you are having trouble getting your digital marketing house in order, then you need to join us where we walk you through all you need to know.
Don’t let overwhelm get you down! Join other small business owners as we all go on a digital marketing journey together.
Until next time…