Video marketing is the future of content marketing. It is one of the fastest-growing and most in-demand forms of marketing.
Videos are flooding the internet. The rise in video production (and consumption) is absolutely undeniable. People are looking to the internet with questions, searching for entertainment, and demanding videos of nearly EVERYTHING. They turn to YouTube for tutorials or DIY videos; they can check out a company’s website to view their company culture video and quickly learn more about them; consumers even have the option of viewing product reviews and seeing products demonstrated by video right before their eyes.
And with most of our lives being so “mobile” these days, smartphones make finding/watching videos easy and desirable no matter where we find ourselves.
It would be wise to (if you haven’t already) increase the amount of video marketing within your marketing strategy. Start devoting more time and energy to video, just as your consumers do, and they will be more likely to engage with your content.
A recent article by Forbes stated the following noteworthy statistics:
– Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
– Adding a video to your marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
– Embedding videos in your landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
– 90% of customers say that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
– According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
– 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
– 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
Need more reasons?
– Videos promote brand recall. Videos are both visual and auditory (which means they are easier for most viewers to remember than text-based content). So, give viewers something they will remember! Also, if a video is enjoyable, consumers LOVE to share videos across their social media platforms, increasing your company’s brand exposure for free.
– Videos increase your website’s SEO ranking, making you more discoverable to consumers.
– Interesting videos will improve click-through rate, leading to more sales.
– With more features than text alone, video has the ability to really drive your brand, image, and messaging home. Video has design elements that can enhance your brand, while the content and voice used reveal your brand’s character.
– The potential to go viral is there! An estimated 92% of people who watch mobile videos share them with others.
– Video is shared 1,200% more than both links and text combined.
The numbers are there and the data cannot be ignored! Video marketing is an excellent way to create content that is both personal and impactful to your audience. If your goal as a business is to interact and create relationships with consumers, use videos to make that connection.
A Variety of Videos
Most importantly, so as not to waste any time, be sure you are creating videos your audience wants to watch. What do they want to know? What are they curious about? What can you show them? How can you entertain them?
– Answer a commonly-asked question
– Offer an inside piece of industry knowledge
– Show what’s happening “behind the scenes”
– Product reviews and demonstrations
– “About Us” / Company culture video
– Interviews with industry leaders
– How To’s / Tutorials
– Video blogs (Vlogs)
– Event videos (of any special events you throw or are a part of)
– Animated “explainer” videos (like a Whiteboard animation)
– Live streaming (Facebook Live, Instagram live videos, Periscope, etc.)
The Best Videos
As humans, our attention spans are dwindling and spread far too thin. Remember to keep your videos short! The videos with the highest engagement are those under two minutes.
Also, remember that (especially on mobile), people often watch videos without sound. Therefore, your videos have to be captivating and meaningful even without sound.
For a video series, remember to end each episode with a cliffhanger to drive them to watch the next.
After You Publish
Don’t forget to keep an eye on your videos once you’ve published them. How are they performing? Are people watching them (and staying tuned until the end)? Is anyone engaging with your videos by commenting, liking, or sharing? Review and analyze your videos frequently so that you can alter your video marketing strategy accordingly.
Video marketing is King; and it’s only growing. Can you keep up?
Contact us with any questions or to review your current digital marketing strategy. We offer Free 1-Hour Consultations for all new clients.
Please leave any questions or comments in the boxes below. 🙂
For monthly marketing tidbits delivered directly to your inbox, sign up for our Monthly E-Newsletter. <3