We live in a world where we are all more connected than we were just a decade ago. With the rapid evolution of social media and smartphones, there has been an explosion of shared video content. With platforms such as Merekat, Periscope, YouTube, Facebook Live, Blab, and SnapChat, the options on where you can create and share videos seem endless… and those specific platforms are just the tip of the iceberg!
There is NO doubt that videos are here to stay; and that means that business owners need to leverage this medium to their advantage. We want to share some of the mind blowing statistics that are out there, regarding video marketing.
Infographic Source: http://www.videobrewery.com/blog/18-video-marketing-statistics
Facebook, just last week, released new ‘Video Metrics’ in ‘Page Insights’. If you are using video as part of your marketing strategy with Facebook, be sure to monitor these new features they are now offering:
- Minutes Viewed [NEW]: The total minutes of watch time spent on the video. This is one of the most requested video metrics from publishers, and we’re excited to make it available today.
- 10-Second Views [NEW]: The number of times the video was viewed to 10 seconds. If the video is shorter than 10 seconds, this metric refers to the number of times people viewed at least 97 percent of the video.
- Sound-on vs. Sound-off [NEW]: A breakdown between views with sound and views without sound is available for both Views and 10-Second Views.
You can read the complete article HERE.
Are you incorporating video into your marketing strategy? If not, we have some quick suggestions of ways you can get some fun footage of your salon/spa team 🙂
We cannot stress enough how important it is to capture the creativity that comes out of your salon/spa! A fun way to do that is to get some short video clips of your business, and share them on your website and social media platforms. We are not talking full-length feature films here… just short snippets of what it’s like to experience the culture in your salon/spa. Here are some ideas on shots you could get…
Salon/spa video clip suggestions:
- Catch a moment when a group of stylists or technicians are interacting. This moment could be as simple as: something hilarious was said, and all their heads are thrown back in laughter.
- Showcase your receptionist, or employees, greeting a guest at the front desk.
- Catch a guest’s reaction as they are being turned around in the chair to see their new hairstyle for the first time.
- Film the stylist at the backbar using a “featured product” on a guest.
- Create a “How-To” video using any hair finishing products that you carry… something that would be easy for a guest to replicate at home by themselves.
Hopefully this information has given you some food for thought, and you now have some great, new video marketing ideas to take back to your own business and put to good use!